The term «SibSlabs Ltd», «we», «us» and «our» includes Stan in Business Ltd and subsidiaries with registered address Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 1NL and registered company number 8460423920.
1. When Is Personal Information Collected?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, including registration forms, customer service request or by completing surveys or entering competitions or promotions;
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access;
- details of contributions you make to any chat room, bulletin board, forum or blog linked to our site;
- records of any contact you make with us, for example by writing to us, calling our customer service helpline or reporting a problem with our site.
We may supplement the personal information we collect about you with information we receive from other sources in order to assess information accuracy and to ensure that communications sent to you are relevant. We may also collect information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
3. Use And Retention Of Personal Information
We only use personal information for the purposes for which it has been collected (as notified to you) and for other legitimate purposes as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1988 and related laws (the «Act»). We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for such uses.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to administer your account and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and any email alerts you have registered for;
- to allow you to participate in interactive services of the site, when you choose to do so;
- to provide you and to facilitate selected third parties in providing you with information, products or services which we feel may interest you, unless you have indicated that you would not like us to do so;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (including fraud prevention) and verify your identity;
- to notify you about changes to the site.
Where we or selected third parties provide you with information, products or services that we feel may interest you, we or they may contact you by email, post or telephone. If you do not want us or selected third parties to use your personal information in this way, please let us know. You may change your preferences at any time. You will also be provided with an unsubscribe link in any email marketing communication we or selected third parties send to you which you may use to adjust your settings in relation to marketing communications from that sender. You may also change your preferences relating to integration with SNPs and to manage your public information (see below).
We may also provide our advertisers with aggregate information about our users in order to assist them with targeting the desired audience. This type of information will not involve the disclosure of information about identifiable individuals.
4. Links To Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other selected third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility and will not be liable for the handling of personal information in accordance with such policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
5. Accuracy Of Personal Information
It is our desire to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, current and complete. We will endeavour to respond to requests from you to correct inaccurate, outdated or incomplete information in a timely manner.
6. Security And Protection Of Personal Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and there are inherent risks. Although we will make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to mitigate the risk of unauthorised access. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and other secure electronic systems. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. This is an important measure to safeguard your personal information.
7. Disclosure Of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries from time to time, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Stan in Business Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to suppliers and partner organisations;
- for marketing purposes as set out above under «Use and Retention of Personal Information»;
Please note that third parties, including Social Network Providers («SNP»), have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility and will not be liable for the handling of personal information by such third parties beyond our obligations under the Act.
8. Transfer Of Personal Information
9. Accessing Your Personal Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Thank you for visiting our site.